Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Leaving Arizona

I left Arizona yesterday. I think it's good that I went to see my family in Arizona. I was kind of dreading it, but it turned out more or less ok. I did sort of reconnect with them on some level and I don't think that would have been possible over Skype. I wonder if that effect will hold or if we'll drift apart again now due to just communicating over Skype. Sometimes, I did feel like Natalia and I should move there to help my grandparents out and just be there for them, but I think that would be complicated (psychologically and, at least initially, financially). I did feel sad leaving, because I don't know when I'll be back again and how healthy everyone will be when I arrive next time. That's the price you pay for moving half way around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment